Household Books Published in Britain: all volumes
- The accomplished ladies rich closet of rarities
The accomplished ladies rich closet of rarities; or, the ingenious gentlewoman and servant-maids delightful companion. etc. 6th ed.
London: printed for Nicholas Boddington 1706
15 cm. 7-188 p. frontis
--7th ed. with additions. London: printed by E.M. for N. Boddington, 1715. LeU(B)*: CtY
1. The preface is signed 'John Shirley'. For earlier editions see Wing STC, vol. 3 (1951), p. 250.
Oxford, pp. 43-4
- The accomplished lady's delight in cookery
The accomplished lady's delight in cookery; or, the complete servant's-maid's [sic] guide. [by a lady].
Wolverhampton: printed for J. Smart [c.1780]
18 cm. 24 p.
--another ed. Accomplish'd lady's delight in cookery: or the complete servant- maids guide. Manchester: printed by G. Swindells, [c.1796]. In two parts. 24, 24 p. 18 cm.
1. BMCat. (1962) gives the work under 'Lady' in the title.
2. The only known reference to this edition is cited in The Manchester Press before 1801, Manchester Libraries Committee publication, Manchester, 1931, p. 22.
Cited: Oxford, p. 112
Previous | Next