Household Books Published in Britain: all volumes
COLLECTION [see KETTILBY, Mary.]
- A collection of one hundred and thirty-seven approved receipts
A collection of one hundred and thirty-seven approved receipts, in pastry and cookery . . . to which are added directions for making the best cosmetics, washing gauzes, muslins, etc. and painting of rooms, staircases.
Aberdeen: printed for Alexander Thomson 1774
13 cm. iii, 52 p.
GB: LBL LeU(B)*
1. The British Library copy has been lost or mislaid.
Oxford, p. 107
- A collection of ordinances and regulations for the government
A collection of ordinances and regulations for the government of the Royal Household made in divers reigns. From King Edward III to King William and Queen Mary. Also receipts in ancient cookery.
London: printed for The Society of Antiquaries by John Nichols 1790
21 cm. xxii, 476 p.
GB: LeU(B)* MCL MPL
US: KMK MiD NYPL
1. The Society had previously published, in 1787, the account of the Comptroller of the Ward- robe, of the 28th year of King Edward I. Being in Latin, this work is not here listed; but it includes a 64-page introduction in English by John Topham, Esq., and an 11-page glossary by R. G., which contain interesting material on food as well as other household matters.
Bitting, p. 532; Oxford, p. 119
- A collection of the most approved receipts for pastry
A collection of the most approved receipts for pastry viz. bread pastes baken meat seed-cake plumb-cake sugar biscuits preserves marmalades jellies confections.
Aberdeen: printed for Francis Douglas 1750
16 cm. 56 p.
GB: AUL ENLS*
--2nd ed. Aberdeen: printed for F. Douglas, 1766. --: NNNAM
1. The authorship of the 1750 work has been attributed to Francis Douglas.
2. The ENLS copy is incomplete, and the AUL copy is wanting a title-page.
Previous | Next