Household Books Published in Britain: all volumes
- An essay on tea, sugar, white bread and butter, country alehouses
An essay on tea, sugar, white bread and butter, country alehouses . . . and other modern luxuries.
Salisbury: printed for [----] 1777
1. The entry is based on the BM Cat., but the British Library copy to which it refers has been lost.
- An essay on the nature, use and abuse of tea
An essay on the nature, use and abuse of tea, in a letter to a lady; with an account of its mechanical operation.
London: printed by J. Bettenham for James Lacy 1722
20 cm. 3-63 p. 1 sh.
GB: ENLS* LBL
1. On p. 14 the author states: 'Among many other Novelties in our Diet, there is one which seems particularly to be the cause of the Hypochondriack disorders; and it is generally known by the Name of Thea or Tea. It is a Drug ....'
2. BMCat. (1961), ascribes the authorship to Robert Helsham.
Previous | Next