Household Books Published in Britain: all volumes
- A new and complete book of cookery
A new and complete book of cookery: Containing upwards of two hundred and fifty choice and experience'd receipts.
Liverpool: printed by J. Sadler 1742
18 cm. v, 124 p.
1. The only known British reference to this work is given in B & G. Cat., No. 37, p. 9.
2. The NIC copy is inscribed ÒIrene OsgoodÓ on the title-page.
- A new collection of the most easy and approved methods of preparing baths, essences, pomatums
A new collection of the most easy and approved methods of preparing baths, essences, pomatums . . . with receipts for cosmetics of every kind. etc.
London: printed for Robert Turner 1787
17 cm. 104 p.
GB: LBL* LWML
1. Although a main title has been omitted from this work, and the sub-titles have been very slightly altered, this is either a pirated version or an anonymous edition of a book first published in English in 1772; see under earlier entry: Buc'Hoz, Pierre Joseph, The toilet of Flora.
- The new handmaid to arts, sciences and agriculture
The new handmaid to arts, sciences and agriculture, containing monthly observations in the orchard, kitchen and Bower garden; . . . the whole art of painting . . . with many other things worthy of note. etc.
London: printed for W. Clements, and J. Sadler Sold by W. Clements, and J. Sadler 1790
18 cm. 3-118 p.
Previous | Next